Permanent, 37.5 hrs/week
Start date: March 2020
Deadline to apply: February 9, 2020
Salary range: Up to $56,005
The Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner-Led Clinic is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary care clinic providing comprehensive health services to residents of Peterborough City and County with particular expertise in providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness and poor access to the social determinants of health. The 360° NPLC operates from a philosophy of harm reduction and is committed to working from within an anti-oppressive and anti-racist framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness.
The Office Administrator manages the administrative flow of the office to ensure efficiency in day to day operations including facilities/equipment management, scheduling, communications, and financial processing.
- Perform bookkeeping tasks including invoicing, coding expenses, entering all revenues and expenses into accounting software, budget tracking, and preparing financial reports and analyses.
- Administer payroll, all benefits, and pension
- Maintain/revise office and employee files, manuals, orientation/training procedures, and policies
- Purchase supplies, processing these expenses, storage and inventory control
- Oversee all computers, office equipment and software and liaise with service providers and technical support – manage all software and hardware inventory
- Data analysis and report production
- Support committees, the Board of Directions, and staff through scheduling, communications, and minute – taking
- Communications including website updates, meeting minutes, etc.
- Perform other relevant duties when needed.
- College diploma in business, administration, or a related field
- 2 or more years’ office administration experience
- knowledge of basic accounting principles and experience in bookkeeping, preferably at a not-for profit
- Proficient in a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Powerpoint).
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Ability to analyze and revise operating practices to improve overall efficiency
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Knowledge of accounting software, preferably Quickbooks
- Problem solving and systems analysis skills, including basic IT troubleshooting and seeking efficiencies through technology/software
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail in all work
The following experience is an asset:
- Administrative experience in a health care organization
- Experience working with people having health vulnerabilities including poverty homelessness, mental illness and substance use issues
- Experience working with an electronic medical record
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter as a single pdf to Suzanne Galloway, Executive Director, at email@example.com by February 9th, 2020. In your cover letter, please indicate your availability for an interview on the afternoon of February 18 and the morning of February 20th.
The 360 NPLC is committed to equity in employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The 360 NPLC is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation during the interview process.