Position: Social Worker (MSW) Full Time, Permanent
Start date: February 2020
Deadline to apply: January 27, 2020
The Peterborough 360 Degree NPLC is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary care clinic providing comprehensive health services to residents of Peterborough City and County with particular expertise in providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness and poor access to the social determinants of health. The 360° NPLC operates from a philosophy of harm reduction and is committed to working from within an anti-oppressive and anti-racist framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness.
The Social Worker is a member of the interdisciplinary team providing comprehensive, collaborative and client focused care. The Social Worker is responsible to provide individual counseling and case management; advocacy and system navigation; case conference planning; group facilitation; community resource management; and program planning and evaluation.
- Master of Social Work Degree from a recognized University program with minimum of 3 years experience professional practice in accordance with Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Experience with a range of therapeutic/intervention models
- Case management skills and experience
- Group facilitation skills
- Advanced knowledge of income support programs
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Exemplary problem-solving skills
- Exemplary oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with vulnerable populations (such as people who are homeless, living on low income, newcomers or refugees)
- Experience working from a harm reduction philosophy
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for clients
- Satisfactory criminal reference check/vulnerable sector check
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
- Experience working in a clinical environment an asset
- Experience with electronic medical records system is an asset
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter as a single pdf to Krista Dalliday, Executive Assistant, at email@example.com by January 27th, 2020. In your cover letter, please indicate your availability for an interview on Feb. 4th (afternoon) and on Feb. 5th.
The 360 NPLC is committed to equity in employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The 360 NPLC is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation during the interview process.