Administrative Assistant / Medical Office Assistant
0.5 FTE Administrative Assistant – $25.60-$26.95/hour
0.5 FTE Medical Office Assistant – $20.17-$21.80/hour
Deadline to apply: 4pm Thursday, October 6, 2022
Position: 0.5 FTE Administrative Assistant/0.5 FTE Medical Office Assistant
(1 position – time split between 2 roles)
We are looking for an AA/MOA who:
- Is flexible and adaptive
- Is a critical thinker and creative problem solver
- Is committed to working from a harm reduction philosophy of care
- Believes in the value of client-centred, team-based care and enjoys working in an environment that empowers all members of the team, including the patients, to contribute in meaningful ways
- Is familiar with and passionate about working with marginalized individuals
The Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner – Led Clinic (NPLC) is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary health care clinic providing comprehensive primary health care services to individuals and families residing in Peterborough City and County who are unattached to other primary care providers.
The NPLC is committed to providing access to innovative, integrated primary health care services and programs delivered collaboratively with a focus on healthy equity and patient centeredness. Located in the downtown core of Peterborough, we have expertise providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness, and poor access to the social determinants of health. We operate from a harm reduction philosophy. We are committed to working from within an anti-oppression and anti-racist philosophical framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness. We value teamwork and employee wellness.
Working within the interdisciplinary team, the Administrative Assistant (AA)/Medical Office Assistant (MOA) will work closely with the Office Manager and NP Lead/Clinical Director. The AA/MOA will support the administrative flow of the office to ensure efficiency in day-to-day operations including IT/facilities/equipment management, scheduling, communications, and bookkeeping, and will support the primary care providers at the NPLC in the provision of primary health care, health promotion and disease prevention care.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant Hours per week: 18.75
- Performs bookkeeping tasks including invoicing, monitoring accounts receivable, coding purchases, payroll processing
- Assists with ensuring the proper functioning of clinic facilities and equipment
- Purchases supplies, arranges storage, and monitors inventory
- Supports leadership in the orientation of new workers and processing the departure of workers (safety & security, access to databases, etc.)
- Supports the Office Manager with staff and student training on all office systems including electronic medical records (EMR), record keeping, computer networks, telephones, etc.
- Supports committees and staff through meetings, communications, and minute – taking, including morning huddles
- Establishes and updates schedules in the electronic medical record in a timely manner
- Create and update custom forms in the Electronic Medical Records
- Supports Leadership Team in creating of EMR searches to assist in the NPLC’s quality improvement planning and program evaluation activities
- Supports management of the clinic wait list as directed
- Supports internal and external communications including website updates, meeting minutes, etc.
- Assists with patient satisfaction measurement as directed by the Leadership Team
- Assists with IT management and troubleshooting
- Assists clinical staff as an EMR super-user
- Processes correspondence and invoices as needed
- Assists in the development and production of internal communications and public relations materials
- Supports OM in maintaining filing systems
- Arranging for courier as required
- Create documents, letterhead, templates, and letters as required
- Assess workflow and provide feedback and make recommendations to the Office Manager
- Performs other relevant duties when needed.
Position Title: Medical Office Assistant Hours per week: 18.75
- Perform administrative and clerical duties to support the team
- Greet and welcome all clients and visitors to the clinic
- Respond to inquiries in person and on the phone in a friendly and helpful manner, providing detailed and accurate knowledge of the NPLC’s programs and services
- Manage the daily schedule for all team members
- Check patients in as they arrive and inform the appropriate provider
- Update patient contact information at every visit
- Book patient appointments within the NPLC as well as external appointments
- Transfer telephone calls to appropriate staff members
- Monitor general voicemail box throughout the day
- Monitor the clinic general email account
- Manage incoming and outgoing faxes, referrals, and prescriptions
- Scan patient reports and other documents into the EMR
- Photocopy and distribute materials as requested
- Receive, open, and distribute incoming correspondence and deliveries
- Monitor office supplies inventory and utilize standard process for re-ordering as needed
- Adhere to Infection, Protection and Control guidelines
- Ensure waiting room is kept tidy and free of safety hazards
- Assist patients with shower and laundry services
- Record vaccine fridge temperature at the beginning and end of each day and report issues promptly to the Office Manager or NP Lead/Clinical Director
- Prepare lab specimens for courier pick up daily
- Create documents as required
- Notify the Office Manager or in their absence the NP Lead/Clinical Director of any complaints received
- Researches, collects, and compiles data through EMR searches and other means as requested
- Creates EMR searches to support the NPLC’s quality improvement planning and program evaluation activities
- Collects and compiles monthly and quarterly statistical reports in collaboration with the Office Manager.
- Prepare reports for the Office Manager and NP Lead/Clinical Director and the Board of Directors as requested
- Ability to accommodate multiple demands and to prioritize work
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal health information
- High skill level and experience interacting with individuals who face multiple challenges gaining access to services including those who have experienced trauma
- High skill level and experience with crisis de-escalation and intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- At least 5 years of work experience in a front-line capacity in a health/mental health care setting
- Solid information technology skills including Internet searches and a working knowledge of Windows, Word, and Outlook required; (Excel, and PowerPoint and asset)
- A diploma or certificate in Office Administration Medical Secretary program an asset
- Experience working with an electronic medical record an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume, as a single pdf document, via Indeed by 4pm Thursday, October 6, 2022.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications for the diversity of individuals we serve. We will make appropriate accommodations available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.