PRIMARY HEALTH CARE NURSE PRACTITIONER – (Locum, 6-month contract)
Start date: As soon as possible
Salary: $62.66 per hour (includes 6% in lieu of benefits) & optional pension (HOOPP)
The Peterborough 360 Degree NPLC is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary care clinic providing comprehensive health services to residents of Peterborough City and County with particular expertise in providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness and poor access to the social determinants of health. The NPLC operates from a philosophy of harm reduction and is committed to working from within an anti-oppressive and anti-racist framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness.
- Provide comprehensive collaborative care and services working within the full scope of practice as defined by the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Work in collaboration with the inter-professional team to provide primary health care to manage the needs of the NPLC’s patients
- Registration in the RN, Extended Class in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum 2 years of primary care experience working in community-based health care settings
- Demonstrated strong primary care clinical assessment skills to full NP scope of practice
- Exemplary oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience working with vulnerable populations (such as people who are homeless, living on low income, newcomer, refugees, trans individuals)
- Experience working with people experiencing mental health or substance use issues from a harm reduction philosophy
- Experience with electronic medical records system is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to advocate for patients to ensure health care system responsiveness
- Satisfactory criminal reference check/vulnerable sector check
- Current BCLS
- Current Ontario Driver’s License
To apply, please upload your resume and cover letter as a single pdf to Indeed.
The 360 NPLC is committed to equity in employment practices. Applications are encouraged from qualified individuals who are Indigenous people, members of racialized communities, individuals of diverse sexual orientation and gender identification, persons with disabilities and others protected under the Human Rights Code.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The 360 NPLC is committed to developing an inclusive selection process and work environment. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation during the interview process.