Any current employment opportunities are listed below:
Position: Medical Receptionist, Permanent Full Time (37.5 Hours/week)
Apply by Monday, July 5th, 2021 via Indeed.
Compensation: Salary: $20.00-$21.80 per hour plus pension (HOOPP) and benefits
The Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner – Led Clinic (NPLC) is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary health care clinic providing comprehensive primary health care services to individuals and families residing in Peterborough City and County who are unattached to other primary care providers.
The NPLC is committed to providing access to innovative, integrated primary health care services and programs delivered collaboratively with a focus on healthy equity and patient centeredness. Located in the downtown core of Peterborough, we have expertise providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness and poor access to the social determinants of health. We operate from a harm reduction philosophy. We are committed to working from within an anti-oppression and anti-racist philosophical framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness. We value team work and employee wellness.
As the first point of contact for our clinic, the receptionist role is vitally important. The receptionist supports our team of clinicians to provide primary health care through compassionate and professional clerical support. The receptionist’s primary role is to provide direct and indirect contact with clients, community partners, visitors and to liaise and provide clerical support to the primary care clinicians.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Duties:
- Performing reception-related duties in a compassionate, professional, nonjudgmental and helpful manner
- Responding to inquiries from telephone calls, visitors, staff; booking appointments; managing the daily schedule for all providers
- Managing incoming and outgoing faxes, referrals, emails and prescriptions
- Photocopying and distributing materials; handling incoming mail and lab results
- Distributing items for the clinic’s shower, laundry and harm reduction programs.
- Ability to work evenings or weekends, if required
- Ability to accommodate multiple demands and to prioritize work
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal health information
- High skill level and experience interacting with individuals who face multiple challenges gaining access to services including those who have experienced trauma
- High skill level and experience with crisis de-escalation and intervention
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- At least 5 years of work experience in a front-line capacity in a health/mental health care setting
- Solid information technology skills including Internet searches and a working knowledge of Windows, Word, and Outlook required; (Excel, and PowerPoint and asset)
- A diploma or certificate in Office Administration Medical Secretary program an asset
- Experience working with an electronic medical record an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a cover letter and your resume by Monday, July 5th, 2021 as a single pdf document on Indeed.
In your cover letter, please advise of your availability for an interview on Thursday July 22nd (prior to 3:30), preferably or the morning of Monday, July 19th (if necessary).
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications for the diversity of individuals we serve. We will make appropriate accommodations available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.