Apply by: September 30, noon
Position: Receptionist, Permanent Full Time (37.5 Hours/week)
The Peterborough 360 Degree Nurse Practitioner – Led Clinic (NPLC) is a dynamic community-based interdisciplinary primary health care clinic providing comprehensive primary health care services to individuals and families residing in Peterborough City and County who are unattached to other primary care providers.
The NPLC is committed to providing access to innovative, integrated primary health care services and programs delivered collaboratively with a focus on healthy equity and patient centeredness. Located in the downtown core of Peterborough, we have expertise providing care to people whose health is made vulnerable by poverty, homelessness and poor access to the social determinants of health. We operate from a harm reduction philosophy. We are committed to working from within an anti-oppression and anti-racist philosophical framework that is trauma-informed and which values cultural humility and inclusiveness.
As the first point of contact for clients, the receptionist role is vitally important. The receptionist will support the primary care providers in the provision of primary health care through compassionate, professional clerical support. The receptionist’s primary role is to provide direct and indirect contact with clients, community partners, visitors and to liaise and provide clerical support to the primary care providers.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Duties:
- Performing reception-related duties in a compassionate, professional, nonjudgmental and helpful manner
- Ability to accommodate multiple demands and to prioritize work
- High skill level and experience interacting with individuals who face multiple challenges gaining access to services including those who have experienced trauma
- High skill level and experience with crisis de-escalation and intervention
- Responding to inquiries from telephone calls, visitors, staff; booking appointments; managing the daily schedule for all providers
- Managing incoming and outgoing faxes, referrals, emails and prescriptions
- Photocopying and distributing materials; handling incoming mail and lab results
- Ability to work evenings or weekends if required
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of personal health information
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in a team environment
- At least 5 years of work experience in a front-line capacity in a health/mental health care setting
- Excellent information technology skills including a working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Programs (Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint) and Internet searches
- A diploma or certificate in Office Administration Medical Secretary program an asset
- Experience working with an electronic medical record for scheduling an asset
If you are interested in this opportunity please forward a cover letter and your resume by NOON on September 30th as a single pdf document to:
Krista Dalliday, Executive Assistant at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail/deliver to 45-360 George St. N, Peterborough, ON K9H 7E7.
In your cover letter, please advise of your availability for an interview on October 2 or the afternoon of October 3.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications for the diversity of individuals we serve. We will make appropriate accommodations available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all those who apply; however, only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.